Doughnuts & DMs
The West Marches is a “common one shot setting” – many diverse groups can play sessions in the same world.
- You are an adventurer because you feel a strong call in your bones to adventure. The boredom of a calm life doesn’t appeal to you – you are driven to leave behind the safety of civilization and explore the wilds to make your name. Regardless of what drives you, you are driven. You choose where to go and what to do. There will be a handful of obvious choices, but you don’t by any means need to take them. The adventure is in your hands.
- Players can suggest or join sessions on an at-will basis. There is no assumed set party – characters can adventure in many different groups.
- Each session is presumed to be self-contained. Players venture into the wild, find, or are found by adventure, and return home each session.
- Every character starts each session in The Nine Bells, If characters have not returned home by the end of the session, they automatically return after play has ended.
- The town of Nine Bells is, for whatever reason, safe. Adventure is found beyond civilization’s edge. Characters can rest here between sessions and come to no harm. Likewise, there is nothing of interest for you back east across the Grey Sea. Adventure is found in the wilds beyond.